Safe Moving and Handling Level 2
This course is aimed at anyone who requires a course in manual handling and is ideal for all workplace requirements. The course is designed to meet the requirements and recommendations of the HSE Manual Handling Regulations 1992.
Correct manual handling training will reduce the risk of accidents occurring by identifying and preventing them. Manual handling is not difficult to learn but can save a lot of problems for employers and employees.
This course covers the moving of objects, but we also provide courses for the Moving and Positioning of People.
- Introductory Manual Handling Training
- (Manual Handling Regulations, LOLER Regulations, PUWER Regulations, Guidelines in Manual Handling, How and Why we Lift Correctly, Manager’s Duties)
- Lifting Safety
- (Assessing Risks, Assessing the Individual Move, Your Spine, Anatomy of an Injury, When an Accident Occurs, Slips, Trips, and Falls, Workstation and VDU safety)
- Moving and Lifting Objects
- (Intro to Box Lifting, Single Person Lift, Two Person Lifting, Working Together, Moving Unusual Objects, Odd-Shaped Objects, Pushing and Pulling)
- Lifting Aids
- (Using Lifting Aids, Motorised Lifting Aids, Conveyor Belts, Pallet Truck, Sack Truck, Trolley)
- Understand the reasons for safe manual handling
- (Outline the potential injuries and ill health associated with incorrect manual handing, Outline employers and employees duties relating to manual handling at work, Outline the consequences for non-compliance with health and safety requirements at work)
- Understand how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety
- (Explain the terms ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ in the context of manual handling work, Outline the process for carrying out a manual handling risk assessment, Describe the principle of the risk control hierarchy when applied to manual handling)
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
- (Describe safe movement principles associated with manual handling, Outline the types of equipment designed to be used for manual handling tasks, Outline the requirements for the testing, servicing and examination of manual handling and lifting equipment)
- Be able to apply safe manual handling principles
- (Demonstrate efficient and safe manual handling principles when; applying effort to, or moving a load or object manually on their own, when using manual handling aids and equipment, when undertaking a manual handling task as part of a team)
This course has a guidance training time of 4 hours, this is completed over a half day.
Each student will gain a Safe Moving and Handling Level 2 qualification valid for three years.
For more information or to book a course, please contact us here.
Our Clinical Training provides up to date information for clinicians. This will provide continuing professional development (CPD) hours towards revalidation for nurses and midwives.
Our health & safety training courses provide the fundamentals any organisation or individual requires to be compliant with HSE guidelines, ranging from Manual Handling, Health & Safety, Fire Safety and Food Hygiene Training.
Our emergency care training includes Paediatric and Adult based courses. Whether you're a builder, childminder, carer or doctor it is essential you understand the basic skills required for potentially saving a life.